Thursday, January 5, 2012

11 years & counting...

On this special day, 11 years ago, we solemnised our love in a nikah ceremony. I still 
remember vividly the very night when our nikah took place.  It was the first wedding in the family, with me being the eldest daughter & grand daughter, so it was kind of 'grand' in our own little way.  
During these 11 years, Mr AHAH & I climbed lots of mountains, waded too many swamps, crossed different paths, swam an ocean or two, withstood a few storms, walked across valleys and braved out all the resistant elements. We put up with each other's antics & tantrums! And we even quarreled, argued and fought each other... But, at the end of the day, he is still the last person that I hold before I sleep & early in the morning, he is the first person that I see when I wake up. 
On this special day, today, I look back at all we had gone through together & praise Allah for allowing me to get to know this wonderful man, and be his wife. Despite our incompatibilities, I truly believe that Mr AHAH is... 'jodoh yang terbaik yang telah ditentukan Allah untuk diri saya!' I pray that he would be my one & only husband, dunia & akhirat, InsyaAllah.
I discovered this beautiful poem during my days of commuting on ERL circa 2005-2006, and had fallen in love with the beautiful words since. When I recited this poem to Mr AHAH then, he shared my sentiment. So, this poem has officially be our 'love poem' ever since.



How Do I Love Thee? 
(Sonnet 43)
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Happy 11th year wedding anniversary Mr AHAH. I love you with all my heart & soul. 
I pray we will be together dunia & akhirat. Ameen.
C'est la vie!

The centre of my world: My husband, Mr AHAH

No comments:

Post a Comment